Register as a Supporter by signing our Guestbook.
File An FCC Complaint Now!
Contact us to sport your own Campaign T-Shirt
Citizens For Change, Inc.
8787 Branch Ave
Clinton, MD 20735
campaign email address
Rev. Delman L. Coates, Ph.D
Meet Rev. Coates
New York Co-Chairs are:
Rev. DeQuincy Hentz, Pastor of the Shiloh
Baptist Church in New Rochelle, NY, and
Rev. Roger Williams,
Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Glen Cove (Long Island)
1. We want media and music companies to develop universal creative standards for the music and videos they produce, market and distribute. These standards should include prohibitions against lyrical and visual content that (a) objectifies, degrades, or promotes violence against women; (b) promotes illegal activity; (c) portrays Black and Latino men as "gangsters, pimps, thugs, and players," and (d) celebrates the usage of the word "nigga" (and it's derivatives), "hoe" (and it's derivatives), and "bitch" (in reference to women),
2. We want companies that advertise on television and radio stations to develop the same universal standards for the networks on which they place advertising,
3. We want the Federal Communications Commission to enforce its congressional mandate to regulate indecency on the public airwaves (television, radio, cable, satellite, etc...) between 6AM-10PM,
4. We want the Federal Communications Commission to investigate allegations of "payola" in the entertainment industry,
5. We want Congress to pass legislation in support of consumer choice in the cable industry; i.e. "a la carte" cable. This would enable consumers to not choose undesirable networks as a part of their cable packages. According to a recent FCC study, "a la carte" cable would also reduce customer cable bills up to 13%,
6. We want local, state, and federal governments to divest public tax dollars and contracts from corporations that refuse to end their sponsorship of offensive lyrical content. (We have examples of such contracts and government relationships with such corporations.), and
7. We want mutual fund and pension fund managers to divest funds from investments in publicly traded companies that promote, sponsor, and market material that does not conform to the universal creative standards referenced above.